Three Baas Full

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Dancing in the Streets!



Hooray! I've finally graded ALL the papers, including all the not-so-short stories. Some were quite professional and fun to read. Always a plus.
Anyway, I thought I'd share the latest to come off the spinning wheel. This is Cotswold wool from Homestead Farms http://homesteadwoolandgiftfarm.com/ dyed in evergreen. I used my little flick brush and 2-plyed it.




Here it is finished with 2 skeins of more Cotswold, this time "blues." I played with my new hand cards for this batch. I plyed the blues with a purple, variegated rayon thread. I've learned a lot about spinning, just by looking at the different yarns other people have created. I never would

have thought to ply with thread. Plus, I actually managed to not overspin this time. At least, for the most part. Sometimes I think being a self-taught spinner means never having learned much about spinning. Which of course, is entirely true. :-)

On another note, the socks are history. I'm working on Jaywalkers now since those seem to be quite popular. So far, so good.

1 Comments:

At 4:21 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

OH MY! Look at what mom can do with the wools! Did you dye the stuff yet?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home