Three Baas Full

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Knitting Updates

In spite of my lack of updates, there has been action on the spinning wheel and with the knitting needles. Here are some knitting updates. The Jaywalker socks did indeed get finished in time to wear on St. Patrick's Day. I thought knitting on the little tiny needles would hurt my hands, but it was great. As soon as I finished these, I wanted to start a new pair. I just don't have any yarn.


GB started knitting with the Cotswold blues yarn I spun. I never know what to make with the yarn I spin. I'll have to get over that, because the stash keeps growing. Here's GB modeling her very first ever sweater. Pretty cool, huh?

I'm currently working on my recycled yarn vest. The last part is knitting and attaching the shawl collar. I'm concerned that the collar won't fit when I try to attach it, and I won't know until I get it done. It's hard to knit with your fingers crossed. ;-)

3 Comments:

At 4:35 AM, Blogger Stacey said...

That vest is fab - beautiful colours and the knitting shows up the wool to its best. I'd love to knit a vest but have no clue where to start. Was it knitted to a pattern?

 
At 6:40 PM, Blogger sixmitts said...

Thanks for the comment, Stacey. Here's the link to the free Bernat pattern. This may only take you to the main page, but the sweater is called "Bernat Solo Easy Cropped Vest". It's a simple pattern, but some of their instructions were a little hard for my daughter to follow. If you take it step by step, you should be fine. It's fun because in the bulky yarn it knits up fast. http://www.bernat.com/pattern.php?PID=1778

 
At 4:36 AM, Blogger Stacey said...

Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home