Three Baas Full

Monday, February 27, 2006

Last Weekend's Dye-fest

GB and I got busy with the Wilton's again. Here are the goodies. This is my roving that I tried to match with what I did the first time. Maybe there are some new colors in there? I thought I was doing the same thing. I now have one spool spun up, but I can't decide whether to ply it or use it as a single.


This is GB's first ever spinning on a spindle. She hand-painted the yarn after spinning and then turned it into a scarf. I think she's going to finish it off with a big, old-fashioned button.

GB painted these singles. The one on the left is GB's first ever spinning on the wheel and the one on the right is Erin's super fine, super great wheel spinning. I can never get it that thin without way too much twist. (The big show-off!)

Finally, this is GB's roving. She managed to get the colors pretty consistent.

1 Comments:

At 8:17 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

looks cool. I think I'm going to come home this weekend perhaps. We'll have to see how ALL that school work goes and how far ahead I can get with everything!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home