Three Baas Full

Monday, February 06, 2006

Happy Snow Day

Yes, there's dancing in the street today. No school! I just finished spinning the last of the Cotswold blues. Now I just have to ply it with the rayon thread. Here's a picture of the wool from start to finish.



I'm also working on my Jaywalker socks - the ones that are knitted on toothpick-sized needles.



And I finished my instant gratification project. I was sitting around with cold feet, literally, and I had this batch of some of my first ever handspun. It's natural gray with bits of purple and blue, which may be angora, but I'm not sure. Definitely bulky weight. I've been saving it for something special and I decided my cold feet were pretty darn special. I remembered making these slippers when I was little. They might even have been the first real project I ever made. The book, of course, is ancient. (sorry for the glare) The copyright is MCML; 1950, I believe. Interestingly, the price is $3.50. I thought that seemed high for a book in the '50's. At any rate, the slippers are a wee big, so I get to have fun with felting -- another something new.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home