Three Baas Full

Friday, July 28, 2006

Retro fun & Internet Inspiration

Several occurrences aligned to lead to some crazy quilting experiments. First, GB sorted through many boxes of fabric stashed in the basement. It was a HUGE job, but led to many discoveries, including retro fabrics from 4 generations.

Fellow bloggers have been sharing CQ ideas. Rissa got me started and then I started browsing all the links she posted, and so on. Thanks, Rissa!

Then I got E. a new sewing machine for her birthday and she came home to play. It has fun stitches and even though I like to embroider, the machine is much faster. Erin made a retro scarf from Gr-grandma's fabric.
We tried a few stitches and then played quilting.
The pin cushion was fun. I found the directions while browsing around looking for ideas. It is obviously made of retro fabric and sports a retro button on each side. E. made the star block and I made the CQ squares. It was much fun, but a little more intense than I thought it would be. Perhaps I worry a little too much about which fabric should go where. I think the pin cushion is my favorite.

1 Comments:

At 9:59 PM, Blogger Wired: Cappuccino and Jewelry said...

So the quilt will be mine right!!!!!!!!!! I mean I am your favorite daughter right!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home